Registrera

Old Gents Society

Nästa LAN

Författare Ämne: Unwaking Waters - tisdag 10 juli  (läst 2352 gånger)

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad Baal

• Old School Left Libertarian
  • =[OG]=Medlem
  • 50-årskris
  • Antal inlägg: 447
    • peranderssvard.blogspot.com
Unwaking Waters - tisdag 10 juli
« skrivet: 2007-07-10, 01:15:20 »
Här är strategin för att spöa Kuunavangen ikväll:

Defeating Kuunavang

After breaching the last barrier, a cutscene will play and then the party will be standing face to face with Kuunavang at the top of the temple. She will be called Enraged Kuunavang and presumably her attacks and power will be augmented.

This battle is more-or-less the same as your previous battles with Kuunavang, except: (1) your melee attackers can now reach Kuunavang, and (2) you are in an enclosed area which will rapidly become filled with Corrupted Dragon Scales if you fail to interrupt Kuunavang's casting.

The first thing to do, immediately after the cutscene ends, is to scatter/fan out. Sometimes Kuunavang will cast Corrupted Dragon Scales the moment the battle starts, and follow up with Dark Chain Lightning immediately after that. If she does this, and your entire party is still standing in the spot you were in at the end of the cutscene, you will all be knocked down in the scales, which will probably kill too many party members for you to recover. By fanning out, you limit your losses to one or two party members at most, should Kuunavang begin with this most deadly opening move.

From there, battle Kuunavang as before -- dish out as much damage as you can and make sure to interrupt the Corrupted Dragon Scales (and Dark Chain Lightning if you have the interrupts to spare).

If Kuunavang does manage to cast any Corrupted Dragon Scales, simply run out of them and continue attacking her. Don't stop to destroy them -- they will die on their own soon enough, and she can create more of them far faster than you can destroy them if your interrupters don't stay focused on her.

It is vital to be mindful of the basics of defeating a powerful foe in this game:

* Bringing interrupts to try to prevent Kuunavang from invoking her skills will work. However she is resistant to interrupts so it takes two or more to stop her from casting. Dazed works well, but the duration of conditions is shortened and needs to be reapplied often to be effective.
    * Bring armor-ignoring skills if possible as they will inflict their damage equally regardless of Kuunavang's high level.
    * Wastrel's Worry is particullary useful in dealing damage because hexes expire faster on Kuunavang allowing the hex to be reapplied often.
    * Grenth's Balance is a very effective way for recovering from spikes and dealing massive damage to Kuunavang. Frontline Warriors can bring this skill without losing combat potential.
    * A Necromancer with Spinal Shivers or Shivers of Dread along with a Ranger with Greater Conflagration and Winter can be very helpful for interrupting Kuunavang. Greater Conflagration + Winter will turn all physical and elemental damage into Cold Damage, meaning that it will trigger Spinal Shivers and interrupt Kuunavang.
    * Also consider a Ranger with Broad Head Arrow and Needling Shot. Once Kuunavang has been brought down past 50% health, a ranger can use Needling Shot at no recharge. With the long duration dazed condition from Broad Head Arrow, a ranger can easily lock down Kuunavang by continuously using Needling Shot, refreshing the daze as needed. Needling Shot also deals armor ignoring damage, making it ideal for high level targets like Kuunavang. A zealous bow is recommended.

One Final Note

Don't rush. The strategy outlined above will virtually guarantee a time well under the master's cutoff without any rushing. (Its author completed the mission using an elementalist with 15-henchman team in about 8 minutes.) Both Kuunavang and the afflicted can be finished quickly and easily if you hang back and fight them alone, but a battle against both of them together will drag on as you spend more time on self-preservation than doing damage. Moreover, rushing into such battles is a very good way to get party members killed, costing you even more time to revive them.

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 2 047
    • www.femuglor.se
SV: Unwaking Waters - tisdag 10 juli
« Svar #1 skrivet: 2007-07-10, 09:58:36 »
 :thumb

Utloggad Ceder

• =[OG]=Medlem
  • Spammer legend
  • Antal inlägg: 5 808
  • Ninjalooter
    • http://www.vet.inte.nån.nu
« Svar #2 skrivet: 2007-07-10, 12:47:59 »
Den är rätt lätt så länge bägge teamen vet hur man ska göra... När man väl kommit upp i tornet så är det piece of cake... Interrupt och bara mosa på... Första delen är lite hårigare iom att det kommer massa afflicted men så länge man koncentrerar sig på afflicted först och sen bankar det som behövs på Kuunavang så är det lugna gatan... :thumb

Utloggad Formy_C

• =[OG]= Formy Zee
  • Global moderator
  • Insane poster
  • Antal inlägg: 3 038
« Svar #3 skrivet: 2007-07-11, 01:25:25 »
Är det sista missionet i Jade Sea eller har jag missat nån specialare?
För missionet i sig kan man ju köra sovande med henchisar? Knappt värt att ens kalla mission :quiet
...bogsera turtlarna på rätt sätt därimot...de är klurigt & värt namnet mission ^^
Just because YOU're offended, doesn't mean you're right.
----------------------------------------------
=Format_C:\Swe= | =Formy Zee=

Utloggad Ceder

• =[OG]=Medlem
  • Spammer legend
  • Antal inlägg: 5 808
  • Ninjalooter
    • http://www.vet.inte.nån.nu
« Svar #4 skrivet: 2007-07-11, 04:22:35 »
Turtlarna är också rätt lätt... Det går att springa runt och rensa innan man hämtar dom så då har man istället för 7-8 anfall 1-2 anfall och det är liiiite lättare...

EDIT: Det vi talar om är allså missionet när man ska ta ut Kuunavang först medans man springer längs med hans flygväg och sedan inne i ett torn...

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
« Svar #5 skrivet: 2007-07-11, 10:30:21 »
Well, we ordnade med Kuunavang. Turtlarna hade vi redan ordnat under viss oreda (eftersom vi inte visste exakt vad vi skulle göra, och framför allt inte att de skulle älga iväg efter cutscenen mitt i missionet).

Nu har vi bara Shiro kvar.  :D

Utloggad Formy_C

• =[OG]= Formy Zee
  • Global moderator
  • Insane poster
  • Antal inlägg: 3 038
« Svar #6 skrivet: 2007-07-11, 13:06:10 »
ja fy tusan,, jag har kört turtle missionet på rätt sätt..få alla i liv i mål är galet..
Klart bättre att "exploita" och rensa upp innan ^^
Just because YOU're offended, doesn't mean you're right.
=Format_C:\Swe= | =Formy Zee=

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
« Svar #7 skrivet: 2007-07-11, 13:19:25 »
Nå, i ärlighetens namn ska sägas att vi inte hade riktigt alla med oss in i mål. Typ en.  ;)

Utloggad Crimson

• Old Klottrare
  • En fot i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 1 980
    • Jörn Joghans and his Art
« Svar #8 skrivet: 2007-07-11, 17:22:11 »
Hallå, två var det faktiskt!  :nono

;)

=[OG]= GW Division Coach
---
#OBEY