Registrera

Old Gents Society

Nästa LAN

Författare Ämne: Canthan New Year's Festival 2007!  (läst 2217 gånger)

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 2 047
    • www.femuglor.se
Canthan New Year's Festival 2007!
« skrivet: 2007-02-09, 09:26:47 »
Citera
Canthan New Year's Festival

Journey to Shing Jea
    The Celestial Pig descends
    New Year brings our luck

Each year, Canthans flock to Shing Jea Monastery to prepare and partake in a great feast to honor the particular celestial animal who will watch over them during the coming year. This year's animal, the Celestial Pig, will descend from the heavens to enjoy Cantha's culinary delights. If satisfied with the meal, the Celestial Pig will bestow good luck upon the populace for the coming year.

The Canthan New Year's Festival event begins at Noon PST (20:00 GMT) on Friday, February 16, 2007 and will run all weekend, ending at Noon PST (20:00 GMT) on Monday, February 19, 2007. On Sunday, February 18, the Celestial Pig will drop from the sky into Shing Jea Monastery every three hours to sample Canthan delicacies. The feast culminates in dancing, fireworks, and the showering of the populace with gifts...but only if the celestial enjoys its meal.

While the bulk of the Canthan New Year's Festival, including the celestial feast, takes place in Shing Jea, Canthans living abroad have taken their customs with them as well. So expect Lion's Arch and Kamadan to host smaller celebrations, complete with traditional New Year's decorations.

But, if you want to dance the night away in your festival mask and have the chance to receive a special prize should every course of the celestial's meal be completed to perfection, you must journey to Shing Jea Monastery for the grand finale.

In addition to the great feast, look for a variety of festival-themed quests available from some colorful new NPCs, and don't forget to have your fortune read by the Fortune Teller wandering Shing Jea during the festival. If you're feeling up to a trip to the race track, you won't want to miss out on the inaugural running of the rollerbeetle races. This new PvP mini-game is sure to get your heart, and your rollerbeetle, racing.

So, mark your calendars and be sure to come help ring in the New Year, Canthan-style. You won't want to miss this brand new Guild Wars event!

The feast determines
    Our luck for all the seasons
    The chefs must not fail!

Festival Events

New Year's is at hand
    A time for feasts, friends, and fun
    Fortunes will come true

A great feast, amazing fireworks displays, new hats, dancing, fortunes, flying pigs, and a trip to the races...all this and more awaits you during the Canthan New Year's festival. Here's what you can expect:

* Every festival brings with it a variety of problems that can only be solved by enterprising young adventurers willing to undertake a quest or two to ensure the festival runs smoothly. Supplies of everything from red dye (for nian-scaring party attire) to fireworks (also used to frighten off the nian) will inevitably run low. And, speaking of the nian, you never know when, or where, these New Year's festival hating creatures might attack.

* For those who can't wait for the appearance of the Celestial Pig to find out how their fortunes will fare in the coming year, a fortune teller will be on hand to peer into your future and provide you with a very real, and legally binding, fortune. Whether your destiny bodes good or ill, you can be certain it will follow you as you venture into the world beyond Shing Jea. You may even find NPCs who need help dealing with their own fortunes.

* For you racing fans, make your way to the rollerbeetle racing arena and sign up for the next available race. You will be outfitted in your very own rollerbeetle racer, complete with its own set of racing skills. Races will run...er roll...all weekend long as players compete for prizes, bragging rights, and the chance at one of fifty special prizes for the top times posted throughout the event.

* The Celestial Feast will give players the chance to participate in a cooking competition as they help chefs from across Cantha prepare various dishes for the five-course feast to be presented to the Celestial Pig. Will the chefs acquire all the necessary ingredients for their culinary masterpieces? If not, their dishes will surely fail to please the Celestial Pig. Chefs will reward player generosity with Lunar Tokens, while the Celestial Pig will reward everyone for each properly prepared dish.

Races will be run
    Pigs will most certainly fly
    Will you win or lose?

Festival Rewards

Rockets soar up high
    Sparklers glint and poppers flash
    Noises scare nian

Many quests and events reward players with special items only available during the festival. Here are some items you might be lucky enough to come across during the Canthan New Year's festival:

* Sugary Blue Drink: Just the thing when you need a quick boost of energy in town.
    * Champagne Poppers: The classic party favor used to ring in the New Year in style.
    * Bottle Rockets: A single-shot firework. Please point away from body.
    * Sparklers: Shoots sparks around your body. Be careful not to stand near flammable objects.
    * Red Gift Bag: Surprises come wrapped in red during the New Year's festival. Open for a festival gift or, possibly, a small fortune.
    * Lunar Fortune: Will you have good luck or bad luck this year? Only your lunar fortune can tell you.
    * Lunar Token: Collect these tokens throughout the festival and trade them in for prizes.

What will you collect?
    Sugar for speed? Bags for greed?
    Your fortune foretold.

http://www.guildwars.com/events/ingame/canthannewyear/default.php

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
SV: Canthan New Year's Festival 2007!
« Svar #1 skrivet: 2007-02-16, 10:26:03 »
Svensk tid
Om jag har räknat rätt börjar nyårsfirandet ikväll (fredag 16/2) klockan 21 svensk tid (20.00 GMT och 12.00 PST) och slutar på måndag kväll (19/2) klockan 21 (20.00 GMT och 12.00 PST). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Så what's the deal?
På söndag (18/2) kommer himlagrisen att dimpa ner från himlen till Shing Jea var tredje timme för att käka, och i Shing Jea står det redan fem kockar och talar om vilka ingredienser de behöver för sina specialiteter. Som jag fattar det (se utdragen nedan) ger kockarna en ett Lunar Token för varje ingrediens man kommer med, vilket sedan kan bytas mot någon specialgrunka, medan himlagrisen kommer att belöna alla för varje korrekt tillagad måltid.

Citera
On Sunday, February 18, the Celestial Pig will drop from the sky into Shing Jea Monastery every three hours to sample Canthan delicacies. The feast culminates in dancing, fireworks, and the showering of the populace with gifts...but only if the celestial enjoys its meal.

Citera
The Celestial Feast will give players the chance to participate in a cooking competition as they help chefs from across Cantha prepare various dishes for the five-course feast to be presented to the Celestial Pig. Will the chefs acquire all the necessary ingredients for their culinary masterpieces? If not, their dishes will surely fail to please the Celestial Pig. Chefs will reward player generosity with Lunar Tokens, while the Celestial Pig will reward everyone for each properly prepared dish.

Citera
Lunar Token: Collect these tokens throughout the festival and trade them in for prizes.

Förvirringen verkar stor över hur det ska fungera, och den kommer gissningsvis inte att lägga sig förrän eventet har öppnat, och kanske inte ens förrän grisen kommer första gången. Ska den enskilda spelaren samla alla grejerna till ett recept och byta in dem mot en färdig rätt som himlagrisen förhoppningsvis vill ha (bra svårt), eller kommer servern att leta igenom folks inventorys och lägga ihop ingredienserna själv (betydligt lättare)? Här, till exempel, spekuleras det vilt: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442473

Nå vad vi däremot vet är vad kockarna vill ha, och det är inte lite. Här är en lista som också talar om var sakerna i fråga kan hittas:

Imperial Chef Chen
Igneous Spider Legs - Lava Spitters, Ring of Fire (Prophecies)
Ebon Spider Legs - Maguuma Spiders, Maguuma Jungle (Prophecies)
Bonesnap Shells - Bonesnap Turtles, Haiju Lagoon (Factions)
Azure Crests - Saltspray/Rockhide Dragons, Jade Sea (Factions)
Unctuous Remains - Phantoms, Perdition Rock (Prophecies)

Imperial Chef Jiong
Archaic Kappa Shells - high-level Kappa, Jade Sea (Factions)
Mantis Pincers - various Mantises, Echovald Forest (Factions)
Kraken Eyes - Kraken Spawns, Jade Sea (Factions)
Naga Hides - high-level Naga, Jade Sea (Factions)

Imperial Chef Reun
Alpine Seeds - Pinesouls, S. Shiverpeaks (Prophecies)
Guardian Mosses - Island Guardians, Jade Sea (Factions)
Celestial Essences - Celestial creatures, Nahpui Quarter (Factions)
Dragon Roots - Dragon Mosses/Undergrowths, Echovald Forest (Factions)

Imperial Chef Tian
Ebon Spider Webs* - Lava Spitters, Ring of Fire (Prophecies)
Half-Eaten Blobs* - Bog Skales, Kryta (Prophecies)
Azure Remains - Azure Shadows, S. Shiverpeaks (Prophecies)
Icy Lodestones - Ice Elementals, Wizard's Folly (Pre-Searing Prophecies)

*Note that this is a salvage item, not a collector item.

Imperial Chef Yan
Iridescent Griffon Wings - Desert Griffon, Crystal Desert (Prophecies)
Tangled Seeds - plants, Maguuma Jungle (Prophecies)
Fiery Crests - Drakes, Ring of Fire (Prophecies)
Smoking Remains - Nightmares, Ring of Fire (Prophecies)

Som ni ser, väl spritt över Factions och Prophecies, med Icy Lodestones från Pre-Searing som kanske det mest udda inslaget. Jag, Crimson och Baal var ute igår för att försöka farma oss lite ingredienser, men med mycket uselt resultat. Först dog vi en massa i Jade Sea och henchiesarna tog alla drops, och sen fick vi i princip allt utom det vi behövde när vi kickade henchiesarna och försökte farma mossor kring Arborstone. Till saken hör ju också att ingen av oss har karaktärer som kommit längre i Factions än till Cavalon... Vad vi däremot har precis för tillfället är en varsin pre-searingkaraktär, så om någon vill ha lite Icy Lodestones så är det bara att säga till!

Så, frågan är förstås om det är någon som är intresserad av att göra något organiserat av detta, eller om vi bara ska låta eventet passera? Själv har jag inte mycket tid att spela i helgen, men något skulle man ju kunna skrapa ihop...
« Senast ändrad: 2007-02-16, 10:28:09 by E-doT »

guest628

• Gäst
« Svar #2 skrivet: 2007-02-17, 12:04:35 »
Kommer denna händelse bara att påverka för dem som har factions eller finns det något roligt i vanilla och Nightfall?

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
« Svar #3 skrivet: 2007-02-17, 12:40:41 »
I både Lion's Arch och Kamadan kan man köra Rollerbeatle Racing (GW goes bilspel) och vinna Lunar Tokens som man kan bli spådd för. Det finns någon sax/papper/stenspelande NPC också, åtminstone i Kamadan. Om det finns collectors av Lunar Tokens vet jag inte. :)

Däremot kommer himmelsgrisen bara till Shing Jea i Cantha (Factions), och det lär bara bli där det delas ut festivalhattar också. Gissar jag.

guest1373

• Gäst
« Svar #4 skrivet: 2007-02-18, 12:52:05 »
Jo det finns en collector för lunar tokens, i Shing Jae Monestary. Man får en pryl som när man dubbelklickar på den ger guld, en speciell aura eller andra roliga saker.

guest628

• Gäst
« Svar #5 skrivet: 2007-02-18, 13:01:11 »
Det där bilspelet var helt sjukt!
Jag förlorade bara :(

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
« Svar #6 skrivet: 2007-02-18, 15:30:51 »
Okej, så här funkar det!  :)

När himlagrisen kommer (nu senast klockan 15, vilket gör att nästa gång är klockan 18) ropar kockarna ut vilka ingredienser de behöver, och om man då har ingrediensen ifråga springer man och ger den till rätt kock. Då får man ett Lunar Token. Om de som befinner sig i distriktet tillsammans lyckas förse kockarna med det som behövs belönas alla i distriktet, sannolikt med en minigris (lite svårt att avgöra eftersom man också fick giftbags). Slutligen får alla som befinner sig i distriktet en drakmask för att kunna fira in det nya året. Den torde man få oavsett om distriktet lyckas fixa alla maträtterna eller inte.  :)

Senaste inlägg