Registrera

Old Gents Society

Nästa LAN

Författare Ämne: Hi OG Greeting from =RW=  (läst 7043 gånger)

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

guest78

• Gäst
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« skrivet: 2003-06-25, 00:15:13 »
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would drop you a line to say great game last night, we have added your server to our favorites and hope you do not mind us dropping in from time to time.

Maybe a friendly clan match could be a future event?

http://rw.proboards18.com/index.cgi

If you are interest have a look at this,  we thought about a little league just a few clans for fan:
http://www.freewebs.com/euroleague/index.htm

Dingo69=RW=
Recon Warriors

guest3

• Gäst
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #1 skrivet: 2003-06-25, 08:19:35 »
Hi Dingo.
We met yesterday on our server OG#2. Nice to know you like our server. We also have another server: OG#1. Try it!

I tried to post @ your forum, but the popups were to disturbing.

Ofcourse you are welcome on our servers.
Nice to have satisfied players, rather than people complaing over being kicked for TK'ing. (Right Hellacopter? ;) )

Utloggad Hellacopter

• =[OG]=Medlem
  • Två fötter i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 2 157
    • Speedfreaks
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #2 skrivet: 2003-06-25, 08:55:16 »
Hi!

As Cartman said you're also welcome to the OG #1 server which currently runs custom maps in original BF1942 1.4. Which maps can be found HERE. Sorry that the post there's in swedish... :cartman

HERE'S a d/l link were you can find the maps... :)

But be aware that the server has a ping limitation set at max 200. This is to keep the server as lag free as possible.
För att skapa musik krävs en bra musiker, för att "spela" hiphop behövs bara en dåligt uppväxt

guest78

• Gäst
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #3 skrivet: 2003-06-25, 14:14:05 »
Citat från: Cartman
Hi Dingo.
We met yesterday on our server OG#2. Nice to know you like our server. We also have another server: OG#1. Try it!

I tried to post @ your forum, but the popups were to disturbing.

Ofcourse you are welcome on our servers.
Nice to have satisfied players, rather than people complaing over being kicked for TK'ing. (Right Hellacopter? ;) )

We know about the disturbing adds but the current home page is a freebie and therefore has the adds, but we are currently looking for a new freebie site without adds or a cheat site.

The ping limitation is a good idea, pretty low but as most of us are under that limit it should be ok.

We are mainly DC fans so the OG#2 suits us fine.

Cheers

Dingo69=RW=
See you in my sights

guest3

• Gäst
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #4 skrivet: 2003-06-25, 15:48:49 »
It's guys like you, Dingo, that makes it worth while to have open servers. :banana

I hope that you will ever see me in your sights. Good luck! :oldie

guest78

• Gäst
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #5 skrivet: 2003-06-27, 12:07:48 »
Hey Guys

Last night was so cool, it was the first time that most of our clan was online on one server, as you can imagine we are a new clan with only 10 members.  But playing against you guys last night I was surprised we did so well, but I must say thanks to =[OG]= Johnny for staying on our side during the map Battleaxe and wiping his own clan, well played mate.

At the start the server was good but when all you guys jumped on it crashed a couple of time, just so happened to be at the time when we where winning.  :cb

I was hoping to see the overall results on the Europe BF1942 server tracking but could not work out how to get the stats from a certain game which was played in the pass, anyway take a look and maybe one of your guys can help me.  :help

http://bftracks.net/appl/bft/Search/server/1464

Looking forward to the next time that our clans meet.

Cheers

Dingo69=RW=
Recon Warriors

guest3

• Gäst
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #6 skrivet: 2003-06-27, 12:42:25 »
Thanks for liking the server, but I have about 1-2 fps there.

Well, I don't think that OG#2 will have DC installed openly, until DC is updated. It lags like hell.

For the summer OG#2 will have BF and EoD installed instead.

Utloggad Johnny Hazard

• =[OG]=Medlem
  • The God of posting
  • Antal inlägg: 9 040
  • - TK? Men du hade ju fel kläder!
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #7 skrivet: 2003-06-27, 18:35:48 »
Citat från: Dingo69
but I must say thanks to =[OG]= Johnny for staying on our side during the map Battleaxe and wiping his own clan, well played mate.

My pleasure mate! I like to shot my clan mates when ever it's possible! ;)

I had to log off after the Battleaxe map to fix my voice com which had crashed. After that I got my butt kicked of my clan mates on OG#1 in regular BF but on customs maps.

I was hoping to see the overall results on the Europe BF1942 server tracking but could not work out how to get the stats from a certain game which was played in the pass, anyway take a look and maybe one of your guys can help me.

Sorry can't help you with that ... I'm glad if I can find my own stats there! ;) The problem with any kind of statistics like these is that they mostly are for public players in singel combats. When playing as a team some poor chap has to sacrifie himself as an engineer laying mines, repairing etc or maning an big gun, A-A or someting that doesn't give much frags but helps the team to win.

Looking forward to the next time that our clans meet.

Normaly we have open trainings Wensdays and Sundays at 20:30 CET +1, but now when most of our members have summer leave, the officel trainings are postponed to the 17th of August. We also gladly accepts friendlys with other clans.

If any of your clan members want to participate in an open training they are more then welcome when we start'em up again in August. Information
about ever training is posted a couple of days before the event. With password for the server and wich voice com to use and connection information for the voice com (port, username and password). We mostly use Ventrilo, but lately (yesterday) we gave Team Speak a try again. I have to say even if I have some problems with Ventrilo it's still much better then TS or RW (Roger Wilco).

If you need more info - just PM our WA's Cartman or Bane!

By the way Manx in your clan doesn't happen to be Swedish, does he? I know a Manx from the Global Operations clan [mini] that played some BF before!

Regards, =[OG]=Johnny Hazard

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum."
"My Big Fat Excuse is on cooldown!"

guest78

• Gäst
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #8 skrivet: 2003-06-30, 15:08:01 »
Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the reply, I know that the BF stats is good for loners and not clan base but at the moment I have not found anything else that gives me or the other guys an idea of how we played.

We are currently looking at enrolling in a Clan league "Clanbase" which is suppose to record the results of the whole clan.  It is always good to compare yourself as a clan against other clans.

Thanks for the offer about the training, we are currently trying to get a server going but the one we have is always down or bad lag so we can not offer you the same politeness back.  Due to the fact we are a new clan we do not want to commit ourselves to renting a server just yet, we will wait and see how the clan grows.

How do you guys handle the cost of the home page and 2 servers, do you have a monthly fee, which the member must pay, or a generous sponsor/clan member?

We currently use Roger Wilco as we found that we always had problems with teamspeak, is Ventrilo that much better?

Manx is a Pomme (Englishman) but we do have a couple of Swedish clan members.

It is ashamed that you have taken DC off and replaced it with EOD, as our clan is DC mad, but I will drop in and try your normal BF1942 server to see how I go at the slower pass.

Dingo69

Utloggad Hellacopter

• =[OG]=Medlem
  • Två fötter i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 2 157
    • Speedfreaks
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #9 skrivet: 2003-06-30, 15:33:18 »
How do you guys handle the cost of the home page and 2 servers, do you have a monthly fee, which the member must pay, or a generous sponsor/clan member?

The cost for our webb space is handled by Fawlty, that is he pays for it out of his own pocket.

OG #1 & OG #2 are private owned servers connected to swedens best ISP which some of our member have, I'm one of them so OG #1 sits under my desk at my appartment. It's connected via my ISP account so I pay the monthly fee for that server and Cartman pays for OG #2 as he has the same ISP as me. This ISP delivers 10 Mbit in/out for a monthly fee of about 36 euros without any restrictions on MB amount going in or out.
För att skapa musik krävs en bra musiker, för att "spela" hiphop behövs bara en dåligt uppväxt

guest79

• Gäst
Hi all
« Svar #10 skrivet: 2003-06-30, 16:19:41 »
Hey how is every 1...

First off let me say a big thx for letting our boys use your server over the last few weeks,its been a bundle of fun and hope we can do some more battles.
cartman.i have to agree with you there m8 the latest dc in my opinion has so many bugs in it its unreal,like hellis static in mid air when they are supposed to be destroyed,a map that dont work multiplayer ect ect i just hope in the next installment they manage to get it right..
me swedish nope....as my friend from downunder says.im A POMME well some 1 has to live here right lol.....
36 euros mmm thats about £25 dam i pay nearly £40 for a 1 meg conn.but the upload is naff,300k...we have a swede in our clan how did have a 10 meg conn but he's recently moved house and is at the momemt on 2 megs but is looking around for something faster 10-100 he say.
TRAINING...of course when you have a training day well help out with the deaths ratio lol..its good to have a friendly game with peeps you know and also can learn from 1 another in tactics..
RECON WARRIORS was started a few months ago by me and edd and since then were are growing buy the day with more additions soon to be added and thats all down to DINGO as he's scours around....

well thats about enough for the day and hope you guys will pop into our forums and say hello,i know the popups are annoying but im working on it and should have something soon enough...

ALL THE BEST GUYS...MANX=RW=

guest3

• Gäst
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #11 skrivet: 2003-06-30, 16:23:20 »
Correction:
The website is payed for by Fawlty and Cartman.
OG#2 is financed by volentary contributions from various members from OG. The rest is correct.

Maybe DC will come back om OG#2, but for now the lag is to high. It's not possible to play DC. But in the next version...

We used RW before. Ventrilo is better. Try it and you will see.

Stats suck, IMHO! :tyst

Utloggad Johnny Hazard

• =[OG]=Medlem
  • The God of posting
  • Antal inlägg: 9 040
  • - TK? Men du hade ju fel kläder!
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #12 skrivet: 2003-06-30, 17:41:04 »
I think the DC-team got a bit nervous when the EoD mod was released and got so much attention so they tried to put alot of more things in the 0.38d patch that they could. To much as it seams ... and some of the changes of the diffrent classes was a step backwards. I realy liked the anti-personal mines that the Iraqi Spec Ops had. And the stingers damage to fotsoldiers is to great.

But when we speak of lag so do I think EoD causes more lag then DC, infact since BF 1.4 patch I think standard BF lags alot more then before! I get major problems if I use ANY voice com nowadays - lately I got the walz syndrome - 2 steps forward and 1 step back! And when trying to switch weapon or get out of an vehicle - nothing happens due to lag. Thou my ping is very low. Very enoying! :(

Might be my aged system PIII, 512 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 MX 32Mb ... but I tweaked XP and disabled all service that I don't need. Grapichs are set to a high performance etc etc.

Bah ... nuff crying ...

As you may see, our server admins like to try out diffrent BF mods, like OG#1 is currently running Experience World War II 2.3.6 (XWWII).

We are causual gamers, we play for fun and likes to take a fun break some times - like stoping the war on DC Iraqi Dam and do some dam-jumping with the BRDM2 or even the SCUD - just for the hell of it. Or assemble a Kübelwagen race on the DC Punani Bay map - lots of fun (even more if the drivers ain't sober! ;) ).

So I hope to see you guys on our servers and having fun with us old farts!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum."
"My Big Fat Excuse is on cooldown!"

guest78

• Gäst
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #13 skrivet: 2003-09-09, 20:05:53 »
Hi Stangers,

No I have not forgotten about this forum, just been very busy.

Well we finally have our own server, which we have set up and are test and we would like to invite a few of our friendly Clans to test it out and let us know what you think.

Any comment are welcome as we are newbies at this it would help us out.

Our DC Server IP is 80.74.132.131:14567

You can either post you comments here or on our forum, http://rw.proboards18.com/index.cgi
 Yes is still has popups but not for long as we also are getting ourselves a new homepage and forum, but one thing at a time.

We would like to have it pushed to the limit, so if some of you can pop in this Thursday let see if we can fill it up, it should hold 24 players.

Thanks guys

Dingo69=RW=
Recon Warriors

Utloggad Enos Pork

• Old Gent
  • The God of posting
  • Antal inlägg: 9 455
  • Snygg kan du vara själv!
Hi OG Greeting from =RW=
« Svar #14 skrivet: 2003-09-10, 09:39:04 »
Does the server have a name? It's easier to find it in ASE that way :)

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is; never try.

Senaste inlägg