Registrera

Old Gents Society

Nästa LAN

Författare Ämne: Star Wars: The Old Republic Pre-Order Now!  (läst 7409 gånger)

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad Crashman

• Global moderator
  • En fot i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 1 506
    • http://www.oldgents.com
SV: Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Pre-Order Now!
« Svar #15 skrivet: 2011-07-24, 08:56:57 »
Then foxy girl turns out to be 50 year old overweight man.

:lolabove
Den som sitter tillräckligt länge vid flodstranden ser med tiden dom flesta av sina fiender flyta förbi

Utloggad Tiny

• V.I.P.
  • En fot i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 1 615
SV: Star Wars: The Old Republic Pre-Order Now!
« Svar #16 skrivet: 2011-07-24, 10:10:07 »
there are 10'000 guys in jedi-robes (because that's the only thing that fits them).

Haha. This thread goes from clarity to clarity. :)

And I'm prepared to bet money that you cannot sell Collector items to non-CE-players.

/Tiny  :lolright
Varning för vaktgrodan! Ett välriktat bett kan fälla en fullvuxen elefant.

Utloggad Johnny Hazard

• =[OG]=Medlem
  • The God of posting
  • Antal inlägg: 9 040
  • - TK? Men du hade ju fel kläder!
« Svar #17 skrivet: 2011-07-24, 10:25:08 »
Yeah prolly bind on pick-up!

Yeah ... I know it's real bad, but I couldn't resist!  :blush

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum."
"My Big Fat Excuse is on cooldown!"

guest1645

• Gäst
« Svar #18 skrivet: 2011-07-24, 13:17:30 »
Yeah prolly bind on pick-up!
*drumroll hi-hat*

guest3454

• Gäst
« Svar #19 skrivet: 2011-07-24, 16:01:30 »
Does not matter if CE shop items are locked to CE players.  Girls will see that I am a CE player and will know that means I am super awesome both in game and in real life.  (If they don't then I will just use my mind tricks and rohypnol on them)

Proof that there are foxy girls that play games  :banana

Utloggad Tiny

• V.I.P.
  • En fot i graven
« Svar #20 skrivet: 2011-07-24, 21:30:41 »
 :lolabove hahaha

I'd better buy two CE then. I want to be even cooler than you NorticDog. ;)

I just bought a copy or rather pre-ordered it, but this time I have promised to play with some irl-friends on a rp-server. They were pretty adamant regarding the rp-server as they wanted a) roleplay and b) less 9-year-old kids and lastly c) to avoid some god damn awful names. If that guild doesn't work out I will join the OG server/guild.
« Senast ändrad: 2011-07-24, 21:35:07 by Tiny »

guest3454

• Gäst
« Svar #21 skrivet: 2011-07-25, 10:06:07 »
What is an rp-server?  I googled it and got "role playing server" but what makes that different than normal?  The only MMO I've played is Project Entropia (oh the shame).

guest1645

• Gäst
« Svar #22 skrivet: 2011-07-25, 12:28:32 »
On a non-RP server you get about 1000 14yearolds yelling "You fag!". On an RP server you get 10 35yearolds yelling "Thou arest aen homosexual individual." (or "AAAEEEOOOWOOOUUUU" as they'll shout in SWTOR). The reason there are only 10 that yell this is because noone wants to populate the RP servers.
Ever tried to explain why you were thrown out of the game because Windows froze in Ye Olde English? Or even worse, in Wookie? Because if you ever break character they shun you for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus&feature=player_detailpage#t=76s

And yes, I am of course overreacting, but I think you get the point.

guest3454

• Gäst
« Svar #23 skrivet: 2011-07-25, 13:51:11 »
Ah, that let me do some better reading.  RP server sounds fun if you're playing a Sith but what Jedi is going to be like "haha just pwned 5 noobs".

Give it a go I guess if they set that kinda thing up.  It does say you can pick which servers to connect to so you can always play with your friends.

Utloggad Tiny

• V.I.P.
  • En fot i graven
« Svar #24 skrivet: 2011-07-26, 10:05:25 »
Some of us started our "adventuring" before there were computer adventure games by playing pen-and-paper roleplaying games. Some examples of those games are Dungeon & Dragons, Call of Cthulhu, Hero etc. In this a GameMaster took the role of the world and the players took on a single player character. The GM had a prepared adventure and there were often battles payed out on a grid battlemap using dice. At younger age most of us were not roleplaying at all, just fighting monsters, finding loot and levelling. Later many adopted to some in-character speach to make the adventure become more engulfing and/or becoming more like watching a movie, hence roleplaying. A good example of an rp-adventure would be a mystery or a detective riddle where in-character communication was the way to solve it, not by fighting alone.

When MMOs started some had dedicated servers where the players were asked to roleplay or at least refrain from using too modern language or discussing things out-of-character. The feeling got more engulfing and you could more easily think of it as a good movie or book.

Nowadays there are sadly rather few roleplayers on the rp-servers. Many use some out-of-game speech but are drawn to the rp-servers to play with a slightly different player base and a somewhat different in-game-feeling. Add the fact that if you cannot understand what roleplaying is or what's so fun about it for some, then that player probably doesn't understand a lot of other things either... You don't get to meet those players or too many kids on an rp-server. :)

But be aware that roleplaying is NOT considered as something cool, quite the opposite in fact. You shouldn't mention this to girls when you are trying to impress them with your CE-uberness. ;)
« Senast ändrad: 2011-07-26, 10:11:52 by Tiny »

guest3454

• Gäst
« Svar #25 skrivet: 2011-07-26, 12:43:54 »
Looks pretty cool to me, of course I was only looking at the pics with 2 or more boobs :cartman

What I'll do is, next comic con, I'll walk around with the CE box stuck to my head.  That will help me stand out from the crowd and then all the girls will flock to me.  Could click my fingers like the Fonz but I'd feel bad for the girls outside that didn't have tickets.

Senaste inlägg