Registrera

Old Gents Society

Nästa LAN

Författare Ämne: Cancelled my subscription  (läst 3383 gånger)

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

guest3454

• Gäst
Cancelled my subscription
« skrivet: 2012-02-06, 13:33:29 »
RIP: Nortic - The Venger Legacy  :(

I don't see the point of putting any more time and money into the game at the moment.  I just cancelled my subscription.  I wrote a post about my reasons on the SWTOR forums here.  I have to admit that I am a bit sad as I do really like Star Wars.  I have 11 days left on my already paid for subscription so I'm going to try and get through the last of the bugged out flashpoints.

Utloggad Ceder

• =[OG]=Medlem
  • Spammer legend
  • Antal inlägg: 5 808
  • Ninjalooter
    • http://www.vet.inte.nån.nu
SV: Cancelled my subscription
« Svar #1 skrivet: 2012-02-06, 14:00:46 »
Yeah, considering how long this game have had in the making I am still suprised over the amount of bugs still roaming around. :(

Hope you will be around soon again to pester us on ts ;)

Utloggad Buz

• Brunkol, mums!
  • =[OG]=Medlem
  • Två fötter i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 2 469
  • Det enda dåliga med att bli äldre är bakfyllorna
« Svar #2 skrivet: 2012-02-06, 14:03:21 »
Welcome back in the future!
/Buz
-----------------------------------------------
404 Not found

Utloggad DeadHead

• Old Cleaning Lady
  • =[OG]=Medlem
  • Guru of spam
  • Antal inlägg: 7 216
« Svar #3 skrivet: 2012-02-06, 14:20:07 »
I get a sense of deja vu...

Utloggad Tiny

• V.I.P.
  • En fot i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 1 615
« Svar #4 skrivet: 2012-02-06, 14:38:26 »
It will be interesting to see wether SWTOR survives the hype-and-crash some other games went through.

In my experience several MMOS have gone down fast after
a) first free game-month and
b) people got to max lvl and there is little to do for them (plus no new patches or development).

WAR made a good start, lost a lot after a) and even further at b). I could have played that game more if it wasn't for a total IDIOT as Bright Wizard class master (and his manager I should say) who stubbornly defended his class. Pvp was supposed to be big in that game, especially realm vs realm, got hit bad and thing didn't change for more than a year.

RIFT made an even better start and launched patches like made. Never ever heard of a game that had so frequent small and medium changes. Good work. What scared me away was that the same fucking IDIOT from WAR now had some saying around one type of Wizard-soul.  :puke Yeasterday I heard from a friend that they kept up the frequent patching so it's a very polished game now. Loved their UI, macros and had (in other issues than wizard-soul) an open perspective to players and their needs.

STO died IMHO because of very little end-game-content. And lousy pvp.

I don't think patching is one of Biowares strenghts, based on experience so far. The game can survive longer if players re-play other classes for their stories/movies. But I'm playing the game with the knowledge that things might go dooown...
« Senast ändrad: 2012-02-06, 14:41:44 by Tiny »
/Tiny  :lolright
Varning för vaktgrodan! Ett välriktat bett kan fälla en fullvuxen elefant.

guest3454

• Gäst
« Svar #5 skrivet: 2012-02-06, 14:57:38 »
I don't think it will go down, I do think they will fix most of the bugs that have gotten in my way but it is going to take ages, like 6 months to a year.  I kept a list of them and posted it here in the unofficial bug list.  Go to the last page, it's a couple of posts up.  I have some more bugs not in that list that I submitted via the in-game system.  I was going to add them and clean it all up but that was before I decided to leave.  I just posted it so I could delete the file from my desktop.

From what I can tell, the only things to do after reaching 50 and completing all the quests are:

• Ilum Warzone aka Ilum Lag Fest.  Even if it wasn't laggy, it gets well boring very quickly.
  • Do daily commendation missions so you can buy better armour, stims, medpacs etc.  But then what are you supposed to do with it?  Do more daily missions?!
  • Keep replaying the same Flash Points over and over again.
  • Keep replaying the same 3 high level space missions.
  • Wait for new content that will challenge a level 50 character.
  • Start another character and then use your level 50 one to keep sending your new one higher items and credits.

Doing world PVP (ganking) is pointless, you get no valour for it, nothing.  I've killed about 50 Jedi in the open world, it just gets boring.

I do want to start another character, in fact 2 characters, a Jedi and a Smuggler, maybe a bounty hunter as well, haha 3!  I'm only going to do one at a time though.  Those aren't really any use for my level 50 character though.  I'm not going to do any of that until the game is more polished though.

I did read a wicked suggestion a while ago:

"Why not let us use our alternative characters as crew?"

So imagine running around with all your level 50 alts.  That will not happen any time soon but it's still a nice idea.

My plan is to try and finish the last flash points before my 11 days expires.  Then I'm going back to Battlefield 3 as well as play some of the XBox games I've not gotten around to yet (Bioshock & LA Noire).  Also want to play Mass Effect 2 again before #3 comes out.  Probably start that in late February.

guest3469

• Gäst
« Svar #6 skrivet: 2012-02-06, 15:31:54 »
I can't wait until I get to lvl 50!
For me lvl 50 is when the game starts.
I want to do all the Flash Points in all the modes and the Operations 8-16 players whit my m8's.
I just hope we’re not spread too thin over the galaxy.
But I think we’re getting close to have at least 8 lvl 50 on the Frostclaw server Sith side.
That’s what it is for me.....playing whit my m8's in the Flash Points and Operations.
The leveling and single player missions are the best I have ever played in a mmo, hands down.
But for me it’s just a transport to lvl 50.
So let’s hope for a server transfer soon, so you can join us in some epic battles on Frostclaw Nordic.

//Snow

guest3454

• Gäst
« Svar #7 skrivet: 2012-02-06, 20:23:38 »
I have been oppressed.

Citera
We greatly appreciate when anyone has taken time to express their thoughts and concerns regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. We will be closing this thread. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, not on cancellations and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

So pissed off now, just spent 30 minutes writing another post about how annoyed I am!

Customer Service Oppression

I'm thinking it will get locked or deleted pretty soon.  Maybe my account will be banned since I didn't say nice compliments about their staff  :cartman

Utloggad DeadHead

• Old Cleaning Lady
  • =[OG]=Medlem
  • Guru of spam
  • Antal inlägg: 7 216
« Svar #8 skrivet: 2012-02-06, 21:27:32 »
I'm sorry to say, but this is just business as usual in the wonderful world of mmo's. Go check out *any* mmo-forum, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

guest3454

• Gäst
« Svar #9 skrivet: 2012-02-06, 23:23:31 »
At least all my complaining got them to acknowledge the companion conversation bug.  Only took 100+ pages, hundreds of replies and some abuse towards the Customer Service reps  :pistols

Man, I'm soooo bored.  I've spent 2 hours trying to get anybody to do a single flashpoint on Fleet/Ilum or any of the last four heroic 4 quests with me and nobody wants to.  Started the Boarding Party Hard Mode one earlier but then one of the team charged right in, got us all killed after making us wait 20 minutes for them to arrive.  Then started cussing the rest of us out before quitting so we were left a man down.  Then another left and we had no choice but to go.  I tried to solo my way through each of the [H4]s but when I get to the end of each the boss is always to hard for me.  This is depressing.  :(

I've definitely learnt a lesson about these type of games.  They just assume you've played WOW and know how servers and characters and all that stuff works from the start.  If I'd known how lonely it was going to be I wouldn't of bothered with the stupid PVP server.  I think tonight is my last outing with SWTOR.  Not much point coming back with my last 11 days since I can't do anything except crafting.  It is a real shame as I wanted to see the stories on the other FPs.  I think I'll just keep an eye on the Dev Tracker page and hope for the day they let me transfer my char to your server.

Utloggad Kemo

• WoW:are
  • =[OG]=Medlem
  • Pensionerad och lycklig
  • Antal inlägg: 1 472
« Svar #10 skrivet: 2012-02-07, 00:07:41 »
Just want to turn all this negativism around...

I have to date had many memorable and fun evenings with friends over TS and in game. We been questing and doing flesh...flashpoints. Sure some bugs, they´ll be fixed tho. I´m only 47 so far and I´m sure I´ll get more out of it still. Not to mention the operations, that will grow and become more and more challenging over time and patches.

keep the peace
WoW Officer Outland AK
Zachim / Kemo / Thingol

Argent Dawn
Curul / Sarakiel

/Tobias Emdebrant

guest3454

• Gäst
« Svar #11 skrivet: 2012-02-07, 04:41:07 »
Ha, I did turn it around and finish on a high note.  All the people in the "companion conversation bugged" thread are happy since I got an official response for them, I actually got to do 2 flashpoints just as I was about to sign off.  3 hours later and they were both finished!  Then Ashara decided to start talking to me.  Think she was locked waiting for me to finish a flashpoint.  Then she had 9 conversations back to back.  So then I went and maxed her out on Courting gifts which were well cheap.  Now we're unofficially married, she's talking about kids and our legacy.  So now all my companion stories are complete.

Keeping in line with the suggestion about "think about what your characters do when you're not there" I have left mine to captain his ship around the galaxy having crazy adventures with his foxy Jedi girl and his buddies by his side.

:supporter

Utloggad Pruneboy

• Old pacifier
  • =[OG]=Ledningsgrupp
  • Guru of spam
  • Antal inlägg: 7 028
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
    • http://www.dn.se
« Svar #12 skrivet: 2012-02-07, 08:18:17 »
:thumb Nice! :)

Senaste inlägg