Registrera

Old Gents Society

Nästa LAN

Författare Ämne: Return of the Mad King! Halloween-eventet står för dörren!  (läst 2271 gånger)

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 2 047
    • www.femuglor.se
Jajamensan, nu är det dags igen!  :supporter

Till helgen drar Halloweeneventet igång, men den stora finalen är först på onsdag.

Väl mött!  :cheers

Citera
Halloween 2007 Event: The Mad King Returns (Again)

When sunlight wanes to shadow
    And mists fill nights once clear
    'Tis time to think of monarchs
    Who visit once a year.

Hail, Thorn, the king demented,
    Whose laughter fills the air
    Where cunning gifts are given
    With wit and deadly flair!

And as the season passes
    Remember what you've seen
    In Lion's Arch and Kamadan
    On this good Halloween.

The Mad King is coming! The Mad King is coming! That's right—he's baaack! Joined by his entourage of ghoulish cohorts, Mad King Thorn will entertain visitors with his cornucopia of mini-games and new jokes, and will reward participants with a variety of special Halloween items!

Mark your calendars for the event, which begins on Friday, October 26th, and runs until 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on October 31st. During the event, adventurers will notice that the Tyrian port of Lion's Arch and the Elonian port of Kamadan shine with an otherworldly glory befitting a king, especially a mad one! Once again, the maniacal monarch has decided to grace both cities with his ghastly presence and will reward his loyal subjects (and party participants) with prizes and a special Halloween gift. Or is that gifts?

So come along and spend a little time with Thorn—his sense of humor is guaranteed to slay you! But while his wicked jokes may lead to your untimely demise, your inventory will be all the richer with small mementos and a unique prize that he generously provides you.

As much as he'd like to be the center of attention, the Mad King isn't the only exciting part of the festivities!

• * An all-new opportunity for fun and rewards opens this year with the Costume Brawl! Come to the party dressed as one of many famous Guild Wars characters and fight your way to rewards! Check out the Costume Brawl page for more information!

• * A returning favorite, the wandering Teller of Tales, will once again delight audiences with his stories of woe in both Lion's Arch and Kamadan.

• * Peculiar collectors will set up shop in Lion's Arch and Kamadan, peddling their spooky wares in exchange for various items.

• * Two towns bedecked on holiday finery will greet you. Can you say "photo op?" Why, yes! You'll find the perfect place for those special holiday snapshots among the holiday props set up in Kamadan!

• * And if that's not enough, there are whispers of additional treasures floating in the chilly, autumnal wind...

Saxat från http://www.guildwars.com/events/ingame/halloween2k7/default.php

OCH DETTA ÄR VAD SOM GÄLLER I VÅRT HÖRN AV VÄRLDEN:

26/10 (fredag): Lion's Arch och Kamadan dekoreras. "Costume Brawl" (se nedan) startar. NPC:er börjar dyka upp under helgen.

31/10 (onsdag): The Mad King dyker upp i Kamadan och Lion's Arch var tredje timme, från kl 8:00 på morgonen till kl 8:00 på torsdag morgon (1/11) då han gör sitt sista framträdande. Dvs onsdag kl 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23 och torsdag kl. 02, 05 och 08. (Och ja, vi har då fått vintertid medan USA fortfarande har sommartid. Det ska vara inräknat. :) )

Och så Costume Brawlen då:

Citera
Come to the Costume Brawl!

Join us during the Halloween Festival for some ghoulish fun in the first-ever annual Guild Wars Costume Brawl! Fight in the guise of famous characters from the Guild Wars story, using that character's custom set of skills and the equipment that you choose to use!

To enter this special mini-game, speak with a new NPC—Bobby [Costume Brawl]—in the towns of Lion's Arch, Kamadan, and the Great Temple of Balthazar. Each profession has a corresponding character, so you'll want to join in often to try out the different characters.

Here are the guests of honor at this year's Costume Brawl:

Assassin: Anton/Nika
Dervish: Kahmu/Melonni
Elementalist: Argo/Cynn
Mesmer: Erys Vasburg/Seaguard Hala
Monk: Mhenlo/Tahlkora
Necromancer: Olias/Livia
Paragon: Morghan/Hayda
Ranger: Aidan/Zho
Ritualist: Razah/Xandra
Warrior: Lukas/Devona

After you speak with Bobby [Costume Brawl], you will enter the outpost for the Costume Brawl already dressed in your costume, with your skills selected. If you forgot a weapon, one will be spawned at your feet. From there, you will join the combat in one of two brand new arenas or two favorites from the Hero Battle series. Each brawl is free of Death Penalty, and each round will last ten minutes. At the end of a match, every player on the winning team will receive a prize.

So join us for this new Halloween treat. It's going to be howlin' good fun!
Saxat från http://www.guildwars.com/events/ingame/halloween2k7/costumebrawl.php

Come out, come out wherever you are!  :D

Edit: oops, tur att Crimson har ögonen med sig...

« Senast ändrad: 2007-10-24, 13:47:13 by E-doT »

Utloggad Buz

• Brunkol, mums!
  • =[OG]=Medlem
  • Två fötter i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 2 469
  • Det enda dåliga med att bli äldre är bakfyllorna
SV: Return of the Mad King! Halloween-eventet står för dörren!
« Svar #1 skrivet: 2007-10-24, 13:26:03 »
Tja, då kanske man ska fräscha upp min lilla monk nu när jag slutat med WoW då ;)
/Buz
-----------------------------------------------
404 Not found

Utloggad Crimson

• Old Klottrare
  • En fot i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 1 980
    • Jörn Joghans and his Art
« Svar #2 skrivet: 2007-10-24, 13:33:57 »
Tja, då kanske man ska fräscha upp min lilla monk nu när jag slutat med WoW då ;)

Precis rätt tillfälle att komma tillbaks! ;)
Det är lite speciellt under GW-Halloween, och man får möjligheter att skaffa sig lite trevliga bonus-pryttlar. Sedan är det ju också bara två månader kvar till Winter's Day, då det blir än mer skoj! :)

=[OG]= GW Division Coach
---
#OBEY

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
« Svar #3 skrivet: 2007-10-24, 13:48:02 »
 :supporter

Du är så välkommen!  :)

Utloggad DaddyLongLeg

• Old Proletär
  • Forum resident
  • Antal inlägg: 6 602
« Svar #4 skrivet: 2007-10-25, 16:13:00 »
Iiiiih! Och jag som jobbar hemifrån på onsdagar. Vilken bra timing :banana :eager

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
« Svar #5 skrivet: 2007-10-31, 08:52:57 »
...och så är vi igång, och de "översatta" tiderna är helt korrekta! Ut och öva emotes med er nu! :)

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
« Svar #6 skrivet: 2007-10-31, 19:21:54 »
Ovan var "hatten" man får av the Mad King i Kamadan. Nedan den man får i Lion's Arch.  :)

guest628

• Gäst
« Svar #7 skrivet: 2007-11-05, 12:00:24 »
Trevliga drycker hoppas jag de har med även i år! :D

"Oh no, not again"

"I am the king of the world"

Senaste inlägg