Registrera

Old Gents Society

Nästa LAN

Författare Ämne: -=Guild Wars Spam=-  (läst 361189 gånger)

0 medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 2 047
    • www.femuglor.se
SV: Guild Wars Spam
« Svar #270 skrivet: 2007-08-14, 12:20:14 »
 :stupid Noona, min mesmer, är igenom. Fast mina övriga karaktärer står nog mer i Kourna än i Vabbi, om man säger så...  ;)

guest628

• Gäst
« Svar #271 skrivet: 2007-08-14, 19:15:20 »
Fan ni lyckades klara ut det spelet före mig ! :D

guest628

• Gäst
« Svar #272 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 11:21:25 »
Sry att jag drog igår! Men nätet la av och var borta ett antal timmar  :help :headbang

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
« Svar #273 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 11:43:47 »
Misstänkte att det var något sådant elände...

Vi klarade oss iallafall igenom resten utan dig, och treckade sen upp till Deldrimor Warcamp. Så nu är elearna och Tex necro redo både för titanuppdrag och Sorrow's Furnace!  :D

Utloggad DaddyLongLeg

• Old Proletär
  • Forum resident
  • Antal inlägg: 6 602
« Svar #274 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 12:07:16 »
Ja det var kul igår! Udda upplevelse att som Ranger springa runt med 2 warriorelites utan att kunna använda dem. Det enda melee-vapnet jag hade i ryggsäcken var min "Banana-Scythe".

:)

guest628

• Gäst
« Svar #275 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 13:35:39 »
Skönt att ni klarade det utan mig, känns ju alltid förjävligt när man blir disconnectad.

Utloggad DeadHead

• Old Cleaning Lady
  • =[OG]=Medlem
  • Guru of spam
  • Antal inlägg: 7 216
« Svar #276 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 14:40:57 »
Läs och inspireras, ett (gammalt) inlägg om Urgoz Warren:

Citera
Barrage Team Setup:

3 Trappers (at least two have EoE, which is used to own Urgoz)

4 Barrage Rangers With Pets

2-3 HEAL PARTY Monks. Two have something like word of healing as their elite, and the third can carry utility like martyr or Aegis.

1 Blood is power Necro

1 Death Necro. More on this below.

1 Free Slot: Weapons Ritualist > Orders Necro > Echo or renewal Nuker > B/P Ranger > an echo SS Necro> Tank.

Urgoz'x warren, with its huge mobs and narrow chokepoints, is a trapper's mission. The classic strategy with the group described in a post above mine, is to trap a chokepoint, lure the enemies into the traps, and clean up the mess with nukes and SS necros.

A lot of people think that Barrage/Pet is unworkable in the warrens and the reason for this is because two of the rooms, including the first room, have the aspect of weakness, reducing the effectiveness and damage of the Ranger's attacks and attack skills by 66%. A lot of people therefore ignore the barrage pet ranger in favor of SS necros and elementalists to clean up the damage after the trapers trap and lure. But SS necros are really ineffiecient in trapping groups: monsters dont use skills while they are running into or away from traps, and Elementalist nukes cause exhaustion, have long recharges, and face monsters with high innate resistence to elemental damage. There has to be a better way.

The Barrage Pet varient Urgoz group is still primarily a trappers' group and the primary strategy is still the same: Trap and lure, Rest, and then Trap and lure. Using Barragers has a lot of advantages and can shave a lot of time off the mission.

The Key to making the Barrage pet ranger team work then, is the DEATH NECRO. The Death Necro carries two key skills: DEATH NOVA and ICY VEINS. The Death Necro's job is to make sure that the Pets stay Enchanted with DEATH NOVA at all times. ICY VEINS is just a godly spell to have in a group that is already using Edge of Extinction.

Therefore, in the first room with the spect of weakness, the monsters dont run into a bunch of elementalist nukes and curse hexes, they instead run into a bunch of exploding pets! Icy Veins is like another trap with a ward-sized AOE. The barrage rangers stay far back enough that the aspect of weakness doesnt hurt them, using longbows if necessary, and they contribute a lot of AOE damage too, because the tighly pack enviroment means that barrage hits a lot of targets.

For the barragers, it is even more important here than in tombs that the pet get immediately raised after it dies. The pet is a meat shield keeping the team alive should monsters get past the traps and it is also an Area of Effect bomb.

This Death Necro can carry bone fiends to raise in between battes, and in a way he is a modified minion master. The Fiends can increse the Dps of the party and can act as meat shields if something goes wrong. But this Death Necro is not a minionmaster: his primary job is not keeping fiends alive, but keeping DEATH NOVA on the pets at all time and spamming ICY VEINS when it recharges. This Necro could take something like tainted flesh (for the pets) instead of Icy Veins, but under no circumstances should the necro carry Flesh golem or any sort of melee horror. Flesh Golems have a way of making unwanted patrols agrressive and causing party wipes. Ranged Fiends can also be effective under EoE with the pets acting as the first line of defense, but this necro also shouldnt be afraid to neglect fiends in favor placing of a well of the profane/suffering near a mob of approaching enemies and traps.

I'm not going to lie and say that barragers with longbows or shortbows and aspect-of-weakness and Pet bombs are as effective in the first room as Elementalist Nukers and SS Necros.

However, once you get past that first room, the situation changes dramatically: Barragers offer great DPS, almost always get the multple hits from each arrow because of the narrow passages, and carry savage shot and intterupts for those annoying lifestealers, monks, and resurecting mobs. Barragers do not suffer exhaustion and have small "down time" in between mobs regenerating energy. Barragers do not have to "wait for traps," at every spawn: they can handle the smaller groups themselves. The core base of this party has Necromacers who always have energy from soul reaping, Barragers who have great energy management, and a BiP necro who doesnt have to work too hard keeping the monks happy and full of energy.

The second weakness room can be handled like the first: traps + luring + pet bombs. The monks and necros are able to stay outside the exhaustion aspect. The weakness aspect does or doesnt need to be cleared, but the exhaustion aspect probably still should be cleared.

Barragers can also clear small mobs themselves without resorting to traps: it takes seconds to send pet bombs at enemies and maybe some minions help speed through times as well.

As for Urgoz himself: the strategy in this group is the same as the other group: Put up the spirit edge of Extinction, and run around and let the exploding popups kill urgoz, since Urgoz's monks dont heal him when he takes such damage. If you have a ritualist, he spams shelter outside Urgoz' range and keeps the party safe from an EoE wipe.

As for the free slot:

* an orders necro will increase the Dps of barrage, and orders are not affected by weakness.

* A weapons ritualist can increase the damage of barragers even more (since their arent actually a lot of barragers in the group) with weapon spells to cast on top of barrage since their are few barragers. Other weapons spells can increas the tanking ability of pets or can throw in some extra lifestealing when the pets take damage. Also, even a low level shelter can prevent an EoE party wipe against urgoz (even though shelter doenst help much generally in this group, since the pets and possibly minions are acting as meat shields)

* A nuker elementalist can use Area of effect spells to get enemy monsters to scatter (but they cant go too far in tigh passageways), buying the party crucial seconds to kill them

* A SS necro might be useful against enemy rangers who are harder to lure into traps.

* A good Tank could really prove his worth on the bridge with the fire flowers.

* I always though that a Mesmer or /Me carrying Fevered Dreams could spread the various burning/bleeding/poision/blind/cripple from traps to a large number of enemies in its big Area of Effect, and would increase the efficiency of the trappers by a lot, but this idea still needs to be tested.

Switching to Barrage/Pet can shave 45 minutes to an hour in the completion time of the Urgoz mission. Once players realize this, it is only a matter of time before Barrage becomes the new standard group.

Jag tycker att vi på tok för länge stått kvar och stampat samma gamla missions om och om igen. Varför gör vi sällan (läs: aldrig) UW? FoW? Hardmode? Urgoz Warren (har aldrig ens provat detta ställe)? Med mera...

I och med introduktionen av Heroes så är vi ju inte längre så beroende av att få ihop full grupp, då varje spelare som har tillgång till dem så vitt jag vet kan släpa med sig tre stycken heroes?

Hur ligger erat intresse? Är det mer intressant att spela igenom så många olika karaktärer som möjligt i vanliga uppdrag, farma guld och plocka titlar än att faktiskt hoppa på de riktiga utmaningarna?

Jag har plöjt GW i över två års tid, trots detta så är antalet ggr som jag varit till FoW/UW väldigt få (solorundor ej inräknande), och de gånger jag varit dit med gillet kan jag nog räkna på en hand...

Vill bara pejla av läget lite vad ni andra intresserar er mest för! :)

Utloggad DaddyLongLeg

• Old Proletär
  • Forum resident
« Svar #277 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 15:52:40 »
Klockrent initiativ DH! Just igår körde vi väl Hells för att Tex inte hade gjort det alls med någon charr såvitt jag vet. Jag har också kört alldeles för lite UW/FoW, även om jag själv tycker att Domain of Anguish verkar vara det roligaste (svåraste) stället nu, så kräver ju det att man har spelat igenom Nightfall. Annars kommer man inte in.

Däremot finns ju det där stället man kan sticka till via Dragons Lair - Tomb of The Primeval Kings där vi var inne en kortis för några veckor sedan. Det var ett rasande roligt litet äventyr. Det kräver Prophecies, vilket jag tror att alla har.

Utloggad Crimson

• Old Klottrare
  • En fot i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 1 980
    • Jörn Joghans and his Art
« Svar #278 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 17:13:11 »
UW, FoW, och Tombs vore kul!

Urgoz Warren eller The Deep har jag aldrig ens sneglat åt innan, men jag har bara en karaktär som är igenom Factions. Har även bara en karaktär som är kvalificerad för Domain of Anguish i Nightfall.

HM tyckte jag inte var så fasligt ballt alls, förutom att man får trevligare drops...men det är klart att man kan hänga med på någon sådan runda emellanåt också. =)

=[OG]= GW Division Coach
---
#OBEY

Utloggad DaddyLongLeg

• Old Proletär
  • Forum resident
« Svar #279 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 21:06:17 »
Äh, jag håller med när det gäller HM. Same shit but different, typ. Jag kör gärna Tombs anytime :eager

guest628

• Gäst
« Svar #280 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 21:07:37 »
Jag måste skaffa mig bättre skills, sedan är jag på och kör vad som

Utloggad DaddyLongLeg

• Old Proletär
  • Forum resident
« Svar #281 skrivet: 2007-08-15, 21:52:44 »
Nu har jag äntligen fått tummen ur och köpt nya fina kläder till min ele Lady Longshanks. Det fick bli Elite Sunspear, eftersom den är snyggast! :)

Jag skickar med en bild på den gamla fula rustningen också.

Utloggad E-doT

• Old bitter grogghagga
  • Global moderator
  • Två fötter i graven
    • www.femuglor.se
« Svar #282 skrivet: 2007-08-16, 11:52:20 »
Som de flesta andra gör jag gärna lite UW och FoW och dylikt, och jag kan hålla med om att det har varit väl lite sådant. Och nu är vi ju fler aktiva än det har varit på mycket länge! :)

Samtidigt ser jag inte behovet av att ställa det ena mot det andra; jag har fortfarande stor behållning av att spela vanliga missions och questar med nya karaktärer - inte för själva missionens skull, utan för att varje klass har sina utmaningar, vilket roar mig. Och därför kan jag för all del tycka att det är kul att spela dem med gamla karaktärer också, om gruppsammansättningen är "udda" (som den av någon anledning ofta blir med CG) eller utmanande. Det betyder inte att jag inte är trött på själva missionet.

Olika saker driver oss när vi spelar, och det har varit väldigt tydligt varje gång det har landat ett nytt "kapitel". Själv kan jag sega länge på den första karaktären - hon får göra alla quest i ett område innan hon går vidare, och hon får gott om tid att se sig omkring och utforska inte så mycket kartorna som själva platserna i spelet. Därigenom har jag insett att jag drivs mycket mindre av att "vinna" över spelet än andra, vilka raskt drar iväg mot slutmålet, och att motiven för att ta sig framåt helt enkelt varierar från person till person. Mitt incitament för att spela mer UW, FoW och Tombs är därför ofrånkomlingen inte så mycket "utmaningen" som att jag helt enkelt knappt har satt min fot där.

Men just bring it on!  :)

Utloggad Crimson

• Old Klottrare
  • En fot i graven
  • Antal inlägg: 1 980
    • Jörn Joghans and his Art
« Svar #283 skrivet: 2007-08-18, 15:40:40 »
När man börjar få slut på saker att göra i GW, kan man ju köra lite INSANE MODE:D

Citat från: cloudbunny@GWO
Too often we just play the same skill mix again and again, with the same standard tactic of pulling, tanking and nuking. Efficient, but maybe a bit boring?

During the wait for "Hard Mode", I and some friends invented "Insane Mode" and found it to be a very fun way to play "old and easy" areas.

Insane mode:
- No armour
- only 2 non-elite skills + res of choice
- only use dropped items/weapons
- no pets
Starter weapons can be used, but try to resist.

Not all areas are suitable for Insane Mode, but we have found some nice ones:
Northern Wall (incl. fighting the Charr army) - too easy to begin with, but the army has yet to be beaten.
Frost Gate - a nice introduction.
ToA-Kessex Peak - long, varied and with many challenges on the way. My favorite!
Dragon Lair - so far only to second area, needs a very skill-coordinated team. The item drops can be frustrating absent :-)

:cartman

« Senast ändrad: 2007-08-18, 15:52:03 by Crimson »

=[OG]= GW Division Coach
---
#OBEY

guest628

• Gäst
« Svar #284 skrivet: 2007-08-18, 15:57:12 »
 :lolabove :stupid

Jag håller mig nog till Normal och Hard mode :D

Senaste inlägg